Those that originate, keep, service, fund, acquire, sell, or otherwise transfer a loan that is supported by the Department of Veterans Affairs are referred to as lenders, whether they are individuals or organisations in the private or public sectors. VA lenders can use the links below as resources.
In Their Own Words – What Home Means
Veterans and active duty service members have been able to realise their dream of homeownership thanks to partnerships between the VA and private sector since 1944. Here, veterans explain what home means to them and how the VA Home Loan benefit has changed their lives.
- Lender Resources
- VA Buyer’s Guide
- Lender’s Handbook
- VA Loan Guaranty Circulars
- LGY HUB
- Lenders Conference Information
- Lender/Servicer Administrative User Guide
- Regional Loan Centers
- VA Loan Eligibility
- VA Loan Limits
- State Fees and Charges Deviations
- Quick Reference Documents
- Cash-Out Refinances
- Prior Approval Loan Processing for Lenders
- Condo Approval for Lenders
- Correct a COE
- VA Cash-Out Rule Webinar – Webinar Slides
- VA Appraisals and Reconsiderations of Value
- Stakeholder Videos
- Loan Volume Data
- Loan Volume by Lender
- Loan Volume by State
- Loan Volume by County
- Purchase Loan – Credit/Volume Report (2018 to May 2022)
- Joint Loans (FY 2018-2021)
- VA ServiceNow
All IT help desk and support services at VA have been moved to the ServiceNow Customer Service Management (CSM) programme. Through their ID.Me/AccessVA account, registered users can submit a case, log in to see and respond to cases, and respond by email. Guest users can submit cases and receive email responses.
Home page for ServiceNow
Obtain the ServiceNow user manual here.
Please submit cases directly in the ServiceNow guest portal or LGYHub/WebLGY/FFPS Users can contact VIP.VBACO@va.gov if you have any problems using this system.