Making Sense Of The Dollars
Unless you work at Amazon, where it involves knowing the numbers plus a lot more, finance is all about the numbers. We deliver fresh concepts and solutions thanks to our enthusiasm, dynamism, and diversity of viewpoints. Do you see challenges as treasures, and are you prepared to go to great lengths to find solutions and produce outcomes? Will you be willing to question the status quo and face the possibility of daily scrutiny of your concepts and workings? At Amazon, we move swiftly and with purpose, and this necessitates collaborating with a dynamic network of partners from various industries. To guarantee that our leaders have the most current and trustworthy information to support them in making the best decisions possible, we educate others on finance and serve as trusted advisors for every aspect of data and communication. We take on challenges in a variety of industries and job functions throughout our several businesses and acquisitions, all driven by the same mission: to be the most customer-focused organisation on Earth.
Learn about our corporate teams:
- Corporate FP&A
- Customer Seller and Experience Strategy
- Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management
- Finance Business Services
- Finance Technology
- Treasury/Risk Management
Learn about our business unit finance teams:
- Digital, Advertising, and Corporate Development Finance
- Operations and Customer Service Finance
Learn more about Finance and Diversity at Amazon:
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Accounting team and make a significant contribution. This person will be based in London and will play a significant role in the UK and global accounting teams. The ideal applicant for this role will have experience in duties linked to internal controls and financial reporting.
In support of the UK operations, the job is in charge of the controllership and accounting function. With the participation of numerous stakeholders in various places, the accounting flows are managed by several different legal organizations.
In addition to the accounting and reporting duties, the person will direct international projects and create best practises for processes and controllership. They will also coordinate policy implementation with the financial leadership team, which is based out of several Amazon offices across the world.
Candidates for this position will have held management or supervisory positions in businesses with annual revenues of less than $1 billion, have held manager-level positions with Fortune 500 clients at one of the Big Four Public Accounting Firms or an equivalent organization, or have held manager-level positions in large public companies. Candidates must show that they were the best performers in their level.
Scope / Key Responsibilities
This position supports the global accounting function and is responsible for both operational and project-based new business accounting duties, such as but not limited to:
- Reprizing the Accounting group
- Creation of numerous outputs, such as analytical commentary and supplemental financial analysis for management and other stakeholders, to satisfy internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Expert evaluations of financial statements
- Compiling and analysing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Direct accountability for enhancing the accounting procedures and checks for a business with a lot of transactions.
- Taking charge of specific month-end close tasks, ensuring that deadlines are met, and looking for ways to enhance this procedure going forward.
- Actively taking part in the scoping, testing, and launch phases of cross-functional project launches.
- Being accountable for actively collaborating with a range of business stakeholders, such as the administrative and technology teams, on business integration projects
- BA/BS required
- ACCA, ACA, and CIMA or similar credentials
- Relevant accounting experience (public accounting /industry mix preferred)
- Exposure to operational accounting concepts of inventory, procurement, payables, receivables, and revenue
- Demonstrated ability participating in milestone driven projects
- A strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational, project management skills, and information technology aptitude
The best applicants will be skilled, seasoned professionals in finance or accounting who are enthusiastic about accounting and reporting and who are familiar with the specifics of a monthly close cycle, periodic financial reporting, and related analytical analysis.
Strong desire to go above and beyond expectations, effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication, strong organizational skills, ability to assess and manage risk, and willingness to dive into the details while also seeing and understanding the big picture are qualities we are looking for in a candidate.
- Worked in a fast paced company similar to a high-tech start-up
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Is naturally a very organizational individual
- Has an aptitude for information technology
- Excellent analytical skills
- Exposure to researching accounting conclusions, documenting support for conclusions reached.